Being a stay at home mom is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I have worked many jobs over the years but nothing compares to being a mom especially a stay at home mom. There are those out there who think because we stay home we don’t do anything all day but sit around watching TV. Sure we all have our days where we don’t do much. On a normal day I am up between 6-7am to make breakfast. Unload the dishwasher from the night before, start laundry, and take a quick shower. Then if I have my oldest boy he goes to school. During the morning I run errands and finish laundry before lunch. After lunch Dalton goes to work and Elijah takes a nap that is when I usually find time to write. Then its time to make dinner, give baths, homework and then bed. I try to stay up to watch TV and wait for Dalton to get home but it doesn’t always work.
What is my role as a mother? As a mother its my job to love my children with all my heart. I will always be there to understand and help my boys regardless of the situation.
I have been a stay at home mom now since May 2017 and I will admit there are some days I might go crazy. Sometimes I go days without having conversations with others. Regardless I am thankful that I have the opportunity to stay home with my boys and watch them grow up.
1. Structure!! Have a plan, write it down and stick to it!
2. Get out of the house. Take the kids to the park or library.
3. Find free events around town.
4. Meet other stay at home moms. Give your number out, set up play dates.
6. Do something for yourself once a week
7. Make the time you spend with your kids count
The hardest part of staying home for me is not having time to myself. I also never really leave the house except for errands and grocery shopping. Some days I feel like I am going to go insane but somethings I could do to help would be:
1. Sticking to my schedule
2. Get out of the house more
3. Get active, join a gym
4. Find something to do that doesn’t involve being a mom
Everyone needs to de-stress from their work from time to time. The only difference is my job is a 24/7/365 job. I am so thankful for my mother-in-law who asks to take Elijah. She usually has him about once a week. This means I get to have some alone time, which usually involves me watching TV and going to bed early.
There are definitely some pros and some cons to staying home.
1. You are never alone. I cant even go to the bathroom without someone interrupting me.
2. It can be very stressful worrying about raising your children and maintaining a household. It definitely causes some anxiety for me from time to time.
3. We don’t have that second income anymore that we used to have.
4. We don’t have to pay for childcare anymore, which is so expensive!
5. I have to force myself to relax, I feel like I am going non-stop from the moment I wake up to the moment I lay my head on my pillow.
6. Your child’s school performance can increase.
For 2019 I want to work on my patience with my kids and work on taking the time for myself. I love being home with my boys but I need to take that time for myself too. This year I am going to focus more time with my boys then worrying about the little messes. My house doesn’t have to look like it came out of a magazine even though I may want to it because lets face it. I have two dirty boys and we live in our home. ❤