We all have to deal with negative people from time to time. Maybe its at work, or a family member or a friend. Being around the negativity all the time can affect your mood and turn you into a more negative person. Of course we all have our days where we can be negative. I used to have a constant negative attitude about everything. I have worked hard this past year to become a more positive person. Don’t get me wrong I still have my times where I can be negative but I am always going to be a work in progress.
How do we become a more positive person? Its not like light switch we can turn off and on but it is a process.
1. When something negative happens find something positive to focus on.
2. Surround yourself with positive people
3. Use positive self talk
4. Exercise and eat healthy
Sometimes when we are working on ourselves to be positive but we are still surrounding ourselves with negative people. How do we stay positive when dealing with negative people?
1. Don’t take their negativity personal. We may not know what that person is going through.
2. Smile and give someone something to smile about.
3. Focus on the good things in your life to help avoid negativity.
4. Remind yourself you don’t have to stay around someone who is negative when it affects your mental health.
How to tell if someone is just having a bad day or someone has the negative mentality.
1. They are always complaining
2. They have a negative view of the world.
3. Always expecting the worse from life
4. Always the victim
5. Easily insulted
6. Rarely positive
7. They always have to be right
8. Has a bad reputation due to the negativity
9. Rarely loving
10. Dwells on the bad news
11. Always focuses on the negative, even when there is good news.
12. Achieves little in life.
When you are working on becoming a more positive person. Sometimes its necessary to cut out the negative people. Now if this negative person is a family member or a spouse its much harder to cut out the negativity. You can refuse to listen to the negative talk. Focus your attention onto something positive. Set boundaries if needed and don’t be afraid to spend time alone.
Can we help someone become a more positive person? We can try but it is up to themselves to work on being positive. We can smile more often, give compliments or even talk to them about their negative thoughts. See what may be bothering them. Try to rub your positive attitude off onto them.
Some ways to avoid negativity and be a happier more positive person would include:
1. Avoiding negative self talk
2. Focus on something your grateful for daily
3. Write down your goals
4. Focus on the present instead of the past
5. Do things that make you happy
6. Let go of grudges
When in a relationship it’s so important to keep negativity out of your relationship. This would include staying out of toxic relationships. It’s so important to be able to communicate with your partner. Be able to have a mature conversation without yelling or name calling. Don’t nit pick about someone’s flaw or the way someone does something. Don’t compare your relationships everyone is different. Comparing can bring the negativity into the new relationship.
Regardless of where you are negativity is all around us. How we handle the negativity is what matters! ❤
disclaimer:I don’t own the right to this picture. I am not a medical professional. If you are having a medical emergency contact 911 immediately. This blog is for informational purposes only. If you believe you may have a medical issue contact your local medical provider.