Personal development is a lifelong process. It’s a journey that improves awareness and identity. Use this to develop your talents and potential. Build human relationships, enhance your life and contribute to the realization of your dreams. What do you aspire to do and to be?
There are five aspects of personal development
Personal development skills are an important part of life. It helps you mold yourself into the person you want to become. Personal development helps build your self confidence and self image.
How do we create a personal development plan?
1. Define your goals. What are some goals you want to work towards achieving?
2. Prioritize those goals. Write them down from the most important first.
3. Set a deadline. Give yourself realistic goals. Be ready to update those deadlines because life happens.
4. Learn your strengths. When working on your goals you will realize, you have some areas in your life you may struggle and some are your strong strengths. Use those strengths!
5. Recognize opportunity and threats. There will be people and/or things that cross your path that can either hurt you or help you towards your goals.
6. Develop new skill. Work on something you are not used to doing or have never done! You will find and learn new skills that you might actually really enjoy using on a regular basis.
7. Take action. Don’t wait! Start now!
8. Get support. This is the most important step. You have to have a support system regardless of what you do in your life. Have a support system and be a support system!
For 2019 I have decided I am going to focus on my personal development. There are many aspects in my life that I wasn’t to approve. My main focus areas are my mental and physical development. This is something that I’ll never stop focusing on especially with my goals. I have been working on my mental health for years now but I haven’t been focusing on it like I should. I need to work on taking my medicine regularly and not randomly. Going to counseling on a more regular basis, and taking the time to relax and rest my mind. My mental development includes my antidepressants and mood stabilizer. I have been wanting to and trying to log my moods and feelings. That way when I go to my psychiatrist its easier to show my doctor my log showing what days I had that month. Blogging has also helped me when it comes to my mental health because I can write down my feelings.
When it comes to my physical development I am focusing on my weight loss. There are so many different things you may want to focus on. Physical development allows you to work and focus on any aspect of your health. You could be wanting to focus on your overall health, or you want to gain or lose weight. Maybe you want to focus on your skincare routine or want to workout more to build your muscles. My weight loss has definitely been a journey and can be found on my previous post on “my weight loss struggles and successes”.
Another area I’ve been working on is my emotional development but it’s a very difficult thing to change. I have been working hard to watch on how I react to something. I was known to get angry for next to no reason and I was just a negative person. Now I work on being positive and remain calm when something goes wrong. This in itself has been a journey and will continue to be a part of my journey.
Something that has been put on the back burner for years is my spiritual development. This is something that has been in the back of my mind for years. Growing up I was at church every Sunday with my family. We prayed before meals and I grew up going to a private school with Jesus in our home and in our heart. As I got older I quit going to church and just lived my life without having any faith. Now that I have my boys I want to be in church every Sunday. I want to read the bible more, say our prayers before meals and bed and reconnect with my faith.
Personal development is necessary for growth. Consider making a vision board whether is has all your goals or one specific goal. Being able to see your goals in front of you can help tremendously. Don’t expect results immediately because life happens.
Here are some great tips to help you.
1. Start now- not tomorrow or next week. Start today!
2. Baby steps- like a baby learning to walk, you will fall. We encourage that baby to get up and try again you can get up and get back on track.
3. Learn from others. You can learn from me and I can learn from you. We aren’t perfect but we can learn from each others mistakes and our successes!
4. Embrace the change. Change is a part of life and when working on your personal development plan you will see changes and that is a sign of your success!
5. Be accountable for your actions and words. Just like I am working on my emotional development. I have to hold myself accountable for how I respond to everything.
6. Be grateful and recognize your worth. Be thankful for your journey and remember you are worthy.
7. Be intentional with your goals and your thoughts.
8. Challenge yourself, push yourself to do better and be better. Always!
9. Follow your passion!
10. NEVER GIVE UP!!!!!
Life is not a race, life is a journey. Who cares how fast or slow you go as long as you never give up!!!
Disclaimer: I don’t own the rights to this picture. I am not a medical professional. if you are having a medical emergency please contact 911 immediately. This blog is for informational purposes only. If you believe you may have a medical issue contact your local medical provider.